It’s the little things…

After I decided that I would never return to ISIS. I went ahead and told my family doctor to provide me with referrals to a list of other clinics I am interested in (Hannam and Markham Fertility Clinic). Then I decided I would go see Dr. G one more time just to give him a piece of my mind and to get my records to date.

Starting again at another clinic would naturally set me back in terms of the timeline (I am still waiting, it has been 2 months since the referrals and still no word on my first appointment). But then I am not in any sort of a rush. So off I went to see Dr. G one last time. When I finally did let him know what happened at my last appointment, I found myself getting so angry that I was tearing up. But I held it together enough to let him know I was not happy with the overall lack of communication and was planning on leaving ISIS.

He apologized profusely and said he had heard other complaints about the doctor that saw me. He then called the head nurse over and introduced me to her and said that she should be in contact with me over email and we could do another mock cycle, but this time that she is to contact him directly to determine the next steps.

So here I am again with a massive prescription of estrace in hand doing one more mock cycle. This time around I have felt that there is a bit more communication with Dr. G going on. Not directly by me, but either the nurse or the doctor that meets me for the lining check appointment after the ultrasound says that they will contact Dr. G to confirm what they are advising.

This time around at day 12 my lining was 0.3 (a whopping 0.02 more than the first time!) 😦 But this time the doctor looked over my file and said that she wanted me back on day 14, after a few more days of taking the same amount of estrace. On day 14 the lining had managed to make it to 0.4. Still not enough, but there is hope, since this is an increase which indicates (to me anyways) that my uterus is not just for decoration. I was then advised to come back on day 17 and to increase my dosage. I am taking estrace 4 times a day. My phone is dinging non-stop to remind me take my next dose. But I really feel hopeful that Monday (day 17) will bring good news.

It will be a small step in the right direction if I can achieve a lining of 0.6, but I believe Dr. G said even a 0.5 will do in my case. So lets see. I have been much less patient with them this time. I refused to come in for a follow up with Dr. G since he only has hours at the clinic a few days a week and never in the evenings which makes going in to see him a bit impossible without taking a day off work. Since the appointment only really involves him reading my charts and saying, yes it worked or no it didnt lets try again, I told the nurse that we can do this over the phone or email. And she agreed. I guess being a bit more aggressive pays off.

Anyway. I await the results of this mock cycle.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s